Orvis Mirage VI SPOOL
Orvis Mirage VI Fly Spool
Be in control – anytime! The new Mirage by Orvis is a technologically superior reel conceived and designed from the ground up and built in New England by American craftsmen. Battle angry fish and laugh in the face of corrosive saltwater environments.
Mirage reels feature a sealed and maintenance-free carbon and stainless steel disc drag system with an aggressive knurled drag knob that goes from zero to full drag in a single drag knob rotation. Patent-pending ball and ramp drag mechanism provides a smooth turning drag that follows a non-linear curve as the drag knob is turned to give smoother adjustments in the fishing and fish-fighting range. The reel is a super large arbor for increased retrieve rates and reduction in line coil. Machined in the USA from strong, yet lightweight 6061 T6 aluminum barstock. Ergonomically designed machined aluminum handle. Quick release spool easily converts from left to right-hand retrieve. Military-spec type III hard coat anodizing. Titanium shaft adds strength without additional weight. Fully radiused reel foot prevents kinked leaders. Low-profile counterweight won't catch fingers or fly lines.
- A sealed, maintenance-free drag surface impervious to saltwater, dirt, grit, and corrosive elements to last longer and hold up to hard use
- A positive click drag knob for accurate, repeatable drag settings
- True large arbor performance picks up line fast to get big gamefish on the reel faster
- Strong yet lightweight anodised 6061-T6 aluminium with a heavily ventilated spool to shed weight yet maintain its strength
- Military-spec type III hard coat anodizing
- Special handle shape reduces line catching
- Quick-release spool changes quickly from left- to right-hand retrieve
- Color: midnight black
- Made in the USA
capacity WF14+600yds (50lb Gel Spun)